Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Dark, The Rain and The Run

Last night I went for a run at about 8:45.
I had no reason just had a lot of energy.
I had had dinner about 1 and a half hours earlier and I felt the food and the liquid swish around, the body trying to do it's thing while I was trying to make it do something else.
When I left the house it was kinda dark, you could clearly see houses without the need of the orange glow but the sun was unseen
about 3 mins into the run it started raining and I thought it would stop, ease up and let me do my thing
It didn't, about another 10 mins in it started getting harder, louder, causing my eyes to be squinting and winking and getting worse because the light was darker.
I was passing by the Knightsbridge round-about and a car came and I sped up so i wouldn't get run over. I continued on trying to do my own thing while I was being distracted by the rain, becoming anxious in the dark and being motivated by cars who saw this white teenager running directly past them.
I pushed on further, going down Mission Road I passed my cousins house. Lights on, he's definitely in his room I thought to myself.
I was pushing down Church Road, over the bridge I saw 2 male teens and 1 female teen smoking, trying to fish and one of the guys trying to get "some" and failing...
I laughed, carried on and arrived home at about 9:07

From this run I found that there is a lesson to be learned.
No matter what distracts you, no matter what tries to blind or fool you and no matter what scares you there is always a motivator and something to humour yourself near the end to help you do your OWN thing.
The funny thing could be something you did during the journey or you simply thinking why didn't I do this earlier

Life is full of these examples, whether it be following a religion, trying to lose weight or get healthy, or meeting new people and getting out there to show your true self

"Meeting new people and getting out there to show your true self"
Ask yourself why you don't want to show your true self to people. That's all other people want.

The Distraction = Judgement
The Scare = Judgement
The Motivator = Yourself
The Funny = Why didn't I do this earlier

No comments:

Post a Comment